covid-19 weekly update 25 may - 7 june 2020
12 June 2020
- The COVID-19 Weekly Update has now moved to a fortnightly schedule for June.
- The UNRWA Health Department’s COVID-19 100 Days Report, which summarizes the Agency’s health response to the pandemic, is now available. The health system has shown flexibility and resilience in its response to the crisis at all levels and has been adapted to different circumstances in the five Fields of operation to continue to provide essential health services to Palestine refugee communities.
- The Health Department is leading on the Agency’s COVID-19 response and issues a one-page daily sitrep with the latest epidemiological figures.
- All 709 UNRWA schools, with the exception of partial reopening for Grade 9 students in Syria, eight vocational/educational training centres and two ESF (Education Science Faculties) remain closed (in line with Host Government decisions) affecting 533,342 school students, 8,270 VTC trainees and 1,840 university students. To ensure the continuation of students’ access to quality, inclusive, and equitable education, the longstanding UNRWA Education in Emergency (EiE) programme has been reconceptualized in order to better respond to the challenging COVID-19 context.
- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Where We Work
- DONOR RESOURCE
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- unrwa approach to curriculum