To mitigate the effects of the deteriorating humanitarian situation, UNRWA has revised its 2006 Emergency Appeal to ensure life-saving support to increasing numbers of vulnerable refugees in the oPt.
In particular, UNRWA will:
- Expand its emergency employment programmes to provide more jobs to more refugees over the coming six months;
- Provide food to more eligible refugee families throughout the oPt;
- Distribute more cash grants to refugees meeting the eligibility criteria;
- Purchase additional medical supplies and expand the reach of mobile clinics in the West Bank;
- Procure emergency supplies to ensure vital basic services such as water and sewage treatment can continue.