To ensure that refugees with disabilities have equal opportunity to access and benefit from all UNRWA programmes and services, internal Disability Inclusion Guidelines have been developed. The Guidelines will help make the practices of UNRWA more inclusive and accessible for all, by helping to:
- create a consistent Agency-wide understanding of disability;
- provide clarity on the Agency's disability inclusion principles and practices;
- explain to staff how best to identify, interact with, and assist persons with disabilities;
- highlight entry points for disability mainstreaming in UNRWA programmes and services;
- and help UNRWA staff to operationalize commitments under the UNRWA Disability Policy, the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, as well as the Agency’s Medium Term Strategy 2016-2021.