2022 un pledging conference on unrwa
On Thursday, 23 June , 2022, the UN General Assembly – in the presence of the UN Secretary-General – will host the Ad Hoc Committee of the General Assembly for the Announcement of Voluntary Contributions to UNRWA. This pledging conference is an opportunity for UN Member States to match their political commitment for the Agency’s mandate with sufficient and predictable financial contributions.
As of June 2022, UNRWA has received only $313 million out of a total $817 million it needs for critical services including education, health and social protection for Palestine refugees this calendar year.
UNRWA is looking to UN Member States to:
- Reaffirm their political commitment and solidarity towards the Palestine refugees;
- Mobilize international support and advocacy for the Agency's work and unrelenting commitment to UN values, including in achieving Sustainable Development Goals and the realization of the 2030 Agenda;
- Solving the Agency's funding situation that is currently unpredictable and unsustainable to avoid recurrent funding crises.
* This page will be updated regularly with further information (logistics, detailed agenda, etc.)
We celebrate Bara’a Abu Asaker (28), a young Palestine refugee woman from Gaza who is making her way – against all odds – and showing the potential of millions of refugees round the world.
- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Where We Work
- DONOR RESOURCE
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- unrwa approach to curriculum