- They originate from the Jaff¬a, Lydd, and Ramleh areas
Deir 'Ammar Camp
Deir 'Ammar camp is located 20 kilometres northwest of Ramallah. It is situated in a predominately rural area in close proximity to the Deir 'Ammar village. The accessibility of Israeli and local job markets has brought relative economic stability to the camp.
The camp is located in Area B, under joint Israeli and Palestinian control. Although there are several Israeli settlements in the area, all of which are illegal under international law, these are situated away from the camp and are accessed by separate roads. As a result, clashes between settlers and camp residents are uncommon.
Deir 'Ammar camp is more spacious than most of the West Bank refugee camps, with residents enjoying access to public spaces such as parks and a sports field. Challenges nevertheless exist in relation to sewerage and street quality, while its relative geographical isolation poses transportation difficulties for some residents.
Read more about Deir 'Ammar camp
REFUGEE CAMPS IN the West Bank
Refugees in camps
- Deir 'Ammar camp was established in 1949
- It covers .162 sq km, with an estimated population density of 15,432 per sq km
- Two schools serve over 800 students
- One health centre provides primary health care, including reproductive health, infant and child care, immunizations, screening and medical check-ups and treatment
- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Where We Work
- DONOR RESOURCE
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- unrwa approach to curriculum